Værkstedschef / Workshop leader Denmark
Our customer TIP Trailer Services is one of Europe’s leading equipment services providers. TIP specialize in leasing and rental of trailers, tankers and other equipment. TIPS’s lease and rentals can be combined with a range of smart services including maintenance, damage repair, fleet management and telematics, providing their customers with even more value.
TIP Trailer Services has more than 70+ branches located throughout 16 countries and they provide a range of services for transportation and logistics customers. They specify, source, finance, maintain, manage and remarket the equipment through their experienced teams.
They are the only true pan European provider of these services and work independently from equipment manufacturers and banks, and that allows them to find the best possible solution to any transport-related need their customers
TIP Trailer Services is looking for a committed Country Workshop Leader to support our growth in Denmark. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the activities including service/maintenance, customer service, people, vendor and asset management as well as maximizing productivity and efficiency as required.
- Management of currently 5 different workshops in Denmark with app. 60 employees in the workshop team, including ongoing support, training and development
- Maximize productivity, effectiveness, growth and profitability analyzing big data, preparing recommendations to action points and assist with execution of agreed initiatives
- Ensure compliance against all operational and maintenance policies and procedures within the workshops and equipment
- Ownership of workshop processes are followed and systems used, support training, system issue resolution and compliance to agreed process
- Encourage & share good workshop practices ensuring that compliance of the Company’s Environment Health & Safety Policy is adhered always
- Maintain organizational focus on customer service and revenue generation in the workshops
- Carry out customer visits where required. Support Commercial team with technical assistance
- Planning together with workshop managers & organizing training plans of mechanics
- Work with manufacturers to agree and implement ongoing training
- Prioritization of maintenance and repair work through own workshops in close cooperation with the Country OPS Manager according to customer and business needs
- Evaluate asset portfolio in cooperation with the Country OPS Manager and coordinate with asset management department to maximize profitable utilization through equipment availability a redeployment
- Ensure that the company’s maintenance and repair quality standards are upheld with all exceptions found discussed with relevant workshop staff or vendor
- Ensure all staff adheres to the company’s servicing and inspections guidelines
- Resolve vendor issues and assist with audits
- Support warranty & ancillary equipment process
- Negotiate final service revenue recharges and after sales repairs with customers
- Manage the most economical method of equipment maintenance and repair in terms of cost, age and timescales
- Support communication efforts through quarterly reviews of management business objectives, internal meetings and team reviews
- Experience from the Trailer/Truck industry – or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree, technical certificate of similar qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical/maintenance work experience, preferably management experience.
- Solid proven leadership experience in a dynamic (and at times chaotic) environment.
- A Team player and Able to encourage and motivate a team.
- Proven record of ability to execute.
- Ability to understand processes and set them in context.
- Strong communications skills on various levels internal and external
- Computer literate and ability to deep dive in data and analysis.
- Customer focused mindset and professionalism.
- Ability to pushback and challenge the status quo.
- High level of organization, ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel domestic in Denmark 3 out of 5 days during a normal work week. Travel days outside Denmark approximately 6 – 12 days a year.
This position is full time and you will report to the Operation Director Nordic.
The working place will be in Taastrup.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
TIP Trailer Services is part of the HNA Group, and is one of the largest providers of trailer equipment and leases and service solutions in Europe. TIP Trailer Services manages a fleet of 55,000 units and is one of the only providers of a European workshop network. TIP Trailer Services employs staff at more than 70 locations and at more than 50 maintenance facilities throughout 16 European countries.